We are committed to ensuring that this website is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility features, please contact us.
Skip to content
Each page in this site has a ‘Skip Navigation’ link that allows direct access past the navigational section to the main content. Its primary use is geared towards non sighted visitors using a screen reader. Non sighted visitors experience the Internet is in a linear fashion i.e. one link at a time, so to avoid the frustration of listening to the entirety of link options each time the page loads, Skip Navigation can by pass it.
This web site has been built using current web technologies and adheres to Web Standards set out by the W3C.
The web pages in this site are formatted according to it's structural meaning i.e. they provide semantic value through the use of headings, paragraphs, lists, and other structural elements. The technology used is called XHTML 1.0.
A presentation language called CSS has been extensively used to control the web site's typography, placement of sections, colours etc.
- A clear and consistent layout presentation and navigation structure
- Text size can be increased or decreased using the browser settings and is defined as pixels
- Content can be outputted audibly by screen readers
- Graphics are clearly labelled with extended descriptions where necessary
- All three layers (structure, presentation and behaviour) are separate from each other and are unobtrusive
- Colour is used to enhance the user experience, the absence of which will not affect your ability to access information in any way
- There are no flickering or strobing objects or graphics
- Any changes in the browser's language are correctly identified
- A site map link is available on every page