Like most industries, the emphasis in construction today begins with sustainable technology and concern for the environment. Among topics high on the list of priorities are drainage and waste disposal products, of which the following are good examples.
Floline High Performance Sewer Pipe Product Range
A high-performance sewer new to the UK which has already captured 80% of the German market. The polypropylene pipe system, which is manufactured to BS 1852 and is referenced in the current Sewers for Adoption manual, has been independently tested to withstand jetting up to 5000psi against WIS 4-35-01.
- under heavy loads
- where there are low gradients
- where the water table is high
- difficult ground conditions
- for laying in extremes of temperature
- for demanding on-site handling and laying conditions
- where there is heavy chemical contamination in the soil.
Among its many benefits are:
- service life 100+ years
- impact resistance up to 42 times higher than clay
- quick and easy to lay
- proven quality performance
- exceptional flow characteristics
New SUDS Solution
Also new to the UK and manufactured here is a product for the Sustainable Drainage Systems – SUDS – market. The acronym denotes a drainage system offering protection from flooding caused by sudden heavy downpours on developments surfaced with impermeable materials such as concrete, tarmac, tiles, etc. This latest system comprises a geosynthetic recycled aggregate surrounding a 3m length of standard diameter perforated pipe encased in polythene netting. It differs from the usual ‘deep geocellular box’ SUDS system and the heavy traditional chamber, for example, in being able to bend around most fixed objects and having very light weight.
The system has been technical validated by the British Textile Technology Group and The Environmental Protection Group UK to demonstrate its superior performance compared to traditional natural aggregate solutions. For shallow applications, the system offers a void ratio in excess of 30% compared to 10–30% for natural aggregates.
Among its benefits are:
- the totally prefabricated system can be installed in a quarter of the time of a traditional solution
- its extreme light weight increases handling capability and reduces Health and Safety hazards
- its use of recycled waste materials makes it a much more sustainable solution.
Applications include: domestic & storm water soakaways; bio-treatment plants & septic tanks; sports pitch & golf course drainage; and retaining wall & foundation drainage.
For more information please download the Floline Polybed PDF. Alternatively for prices and technical support contact your local Burdens Depot. To find your nearest visit our depot locator.